Simmetry Design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simmetry Design

Where creativity has no limits

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let's Collab!

Go down 
+13
Heather1307
Spookshow
IncomingVirus
LilacErin
socallucyfan
sunflower_88
AvianJen
Tatortotsims
Meeshelby
Vanadis
PieFlavoredPie
Mizzie
Eliavah
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 12:31 pm

Let's Collab! Cooltext169613870290012_zpspdmppfs3

What is a ‘Collab’, you say? Well, it is very simple actually. It is a collaboration between two (or more) simmers, where they send each other a sim, and then take pictures of them together or separate. It’s really open ended, and can be a lot of fun. I really enjoy doing collaborations, and love seeing my sim in other’s games. So I thought I would open this thread as a place to come together, meet some people and collab!

Let's Collab! Cooltext169621934062962_zpskvisaohe

1) First decide if you have time to swap sims and take some pictures. It can be frustrating to collab with someone, only to never see the other half of the collaboration. Try not to overload yourself.
2) Pick a sim, and prepare for export. (I will post some tips on getting your sim cleaned up for a collab.)
3) Package your sim and any necessary CC or links and zip or RAR the file. Upload to a file sharing site. I use simfileshare, and can send you invite codes if you need them!
4) Post here that you are ready and willing for a Collab. Fill out the simple submission form, and I will add you to the top post. Then wait around or choose from the available members, and make a post signaling your intent or PM the member and get things poppin’.
5) If you like, you can discuss where you want the collab to go, such as a lookbook style shoot, or something as involving as a ship. It’s up to you and your collab partner what you want to do.
6) Post your collaboration photos everywhere, including this thread so we all can see and enjoy your completed projects!

Let's Collab! Cooltext169614161805728_zpsk6qg9unp
Nothing worse than downloading a sim that comes with a ton of cc that you may not want. So I thought I would make a tip list to help others get their sims cleaned up and ready to collab! Remember, these are not mandatory, just a guide, but it's a good idea and respectful to everyone else to not overload others' games.

• Load your sim into CAS. I use mastercontroller’s version, but use whatever you prefer.
  • Go through all clothing categories, and dress in BASE GAME CLOTHING. If changing patterns/colors, stick with BASE GAME. This makes your sim not appear with unwanted cc clothing, or show up with game chosen horrifying options. Choosing base game, ensures that your downloader will have it!
  • Remember to check the accessory category. Remove all un-needed accessories. I will leave Eyeglasses, tattoo’s,  gauges and plugs and facial piercings, because I believe this defines the sim’s personality. But I remove all others, like necklaces, and sunglasses, nails, stockings/leggings etc.
  • Pick a good defining hairstyle for your sim. This should be for all Clothing categories. (if you have different styles for multiple categories, you should change for each category)
  • Go into the makeup category, and Remove all extra makeup that isn’t pores/eyebags/lashes etc. I keep a basic eyeshadow and lip, but will remove the extra’s if you layer your eyeshadows and lipcolors like I do. (Again, change for each clothing category if you have the option in mastercontroller to have different makeup for different categories.)
  • At this point, your sim, should be stripped of extra CC and have only the basic genetics and makeup. This makes the file smaller and easier to export and quicker to download. Plus it is a courtesy to your fellow simmers.
  • Take note of all CC you did use. Skin, Hair, Eyebrows, contacts/eyes, all makeup. Also any accessory CC.
  • Double Check all categories for CC, and if you are ready, export your sim. I like to do .sim files and sims3packs. That way my downloader can choose desired method. Your choice though.
  • Make a file and place your sim’s exported files. I usually include an unedited portrait to show my downloader how my sim should appear (in case some cc didn’t show properly or something looks wrong to them, they can check!), and a notepad file with my Terms Of Use. Also include any CC that you’ve made yourself, or are allowed to share, and a list of the remaining CC that should be downloaded prior to installation.
  • Zip or RAR your ready Sim’s folder and upload to your file sharing site. Voila’, you’re done and ready to collab!

Let's Collab! Cooltext169614083364030_zpsq4pc89du

• do not ever redistribute anothers’ sims…. Ever. It’s just not nice.
  • do not change or tweak other’s genetics. Hair color, might be acceptable for some, but ask. Makeup is generally ok, as long as you don’t add/remove defining details. Stick with cosmetic makeup, eyeshadow, liner, lipstick etc.
  • do not use anothers’ sim for a base sim, unless you receive their FULL permission to do so.
  • do not do something to someone else’s sim that you wouldn’t want them to do to your own.
  • do follow each creator’s TOU’s, if they have more terms that I have not listed.

Let's Collab! Cooltext169622413911400_zpsliln1coj

Please copy and paste this form with your submission. Photos can be lightly edited, but keep it minimal so downloader’s know what they are getting. You and your sim will be posted as available, until you let me know you are done. Feel free to have your sim always posted, as long as you are always available for a collab. Please be respectful to others, and let me know when you get too busy, have too many collabs to do, or other projects, or real life to attend to, and I will remove your active listing. You may submit more than one sim, but do not get carried away!

Username:
Sim’s Name:
Headshot:
BodyShot:

Last edited by MaggieSims on 3/5/2016, 2:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://maggiesims.tumblr.com
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 12:32 pm

Let's Collab! Cooltext169619885408237_zpshiatbkpb

To initiate a collaboration, make a post below to who you want to work with, or click on their sim's picture, and it will take you to their inbox!

Let's Collab! 25443087591_3ca96cf397_n  Let's Collab! 25451962692_a8fe077597_n  Let's Collab! 25632958062_f4e5672282_n  Let's Collab! 25635250210_f1bb628f67_n   Let's Collab! 25307098383_67e1e5ac91_n

Last edited by MaggieSims on 3/20/2016, 12:30 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 2:44 pm

OK! I'll start!

I have Alexis Ready to go!!

Username: MaggieSims
Sim’s Name: Alexis Ross
Headshot:
Let's Collab! 25079497009_4bbf0beab7_b
BodyShot:
Let's Collab! 25151507690_1d55366de9_b

Last edited by MaggieSims on 3/5/2016, 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eliavah

Eliavah

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 2:46 pm

this seems so cool i wanted to collab more often! I'll be here with a sim when Im more free, maybe next weeknd!
Back to top Go down
http://eliavah.tumblr.com/
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 2:51 pm

well, you already know i am dying to collab with you, so it's on like donkey kong when you are ready!

Let's Collab! Tumblr_lcrtz02G9u1qzj5ggo1_400
Back to top Go down
Eliavah

Eliavah

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 2:58 pm

YESSS =D It will be a great collab :3
Back to top Go down
http://eliavah.tumblr.com/
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 3:44 pm

you and me baby!
Back to top Go down
Mizzie
Admin
Mizzie

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 4:32 pm

I may try this. When I'm not being a lazy bum, I'll upload a sim or two. Razz
Back to top Go down
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 4:36 pm

no, as admin, you must do this! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
PieFlavoredPie

PieFlavoredPie

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 6:26 pm

I may, perhaps, participate in collaborations when I get Trinity to look how I'd like her to look!
(I don't know why the first half of my sentence sounded sophisticated XD)
Back to top Go down
Vanadis
Vanadis

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 6:28 pm

I dunnooooooo if I wanna give Ace or Cameron because I fear for the precious babies' safety....

But you all could have Jocelyn, Sidra, Marlene, Annette, or Lux...

Blah

I use so many damn sliders though XD
Back to top Go down
Mizzie
Admin
Mizzie

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 6:30 pm

@Maggie lol! Alright. Alright. I'll do it. You would make me do it even if I wasn't an admin. taunt
Back to top Go down
Meeshelby
Meeshelby

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 6:48 pm

This looks awesome!!! Totally going to read it better when I have a bit of time. I am swamped right now so will wait a bit before signing up too.
Back to top Go down
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 7:30 pm

I'm so happy to see interest! I figured we'd all just pair up ourselves, just use this as a base to see who is available, you know? And I guess we can specify sims 3 or 4 (for you meeshelby!!) Although we should all be able to tell!
Back to top Go down
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 8:08 pm

Vanadis wrote:
I dunnooooooo if I wanna give Ace or Cameron because I fear for the precious babies' safety....

But you all could have Jocelyn, Sidra, Marlene, Annette, or Lux...

Blah

I use so many damn sliders though XD

question, just to clarify... as long as you don't try to change their features, sliders shouldn't matter, right? for example, before i had the height slider, I downloaded a tall sim, I asked the creator how to make him smaller, she linked the slider, then i installed and shortened him. BUT HE SHOWED UP TALL. Like I had the slider, but I didn't. So, theoretically, that would be the case with any slider, or lack there of, right?
Back to top Go down
Tatortotsims
Tatortotsims

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 9:00 pm

I'm hereee! Paige is already packaged up, so I'm gonna go take some pictures of her now and post her!
Back to top Go down
http://tatortotsims.tumblr.com
Vanadis
Vanadis

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 9:05 pm

Maggie, I know sliders show up as alternated features in a game with no sliders, but if you mess with even ONE of the sliders, they snap out of place. That's mainly why I won't use Ace or Cameron. They are waaaayyyyy too slidery. That and I love them too much.

But even if you have a sim you use sliders on, when they go into another game, they may look different.
Back to top Go down
AvianJen

AvianJen

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 9:44 pm

I'd love to give this a try if I can ever figure out how to package a sim correctly Smile
Back to top Go down
sunflower_88

sunflower_88

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 9:53 pm

AvianJen wrote:
I'd love to give this a try if I can ever figure out how to package a sim correctly Smile  

Ditto! I like this idea! ♥️ Actually have thought about it before...have you been reading my mind Maggie?
Back to top Go down
socallucyfan

socallucyfan

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 10:17 pm

This looks like fun, but I'm scared. Everyone else's skills are so above mine, that I feel like anything I do won't be good enough.
Back to top Go down
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 10:56 pm

Tatortotsims wrote:
I'm hereee! Paige is already packaged up, so I'm gonna go take some pictures of her now and post her!
 Suuuhhh weeet! Can't wait to see her!
Back to top Go down
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 10:59 pm

Vanadis wrote:
Maggie, I know sliders show up as alternated features in a game with no sliders, but if you mess with even ONE of the sliders, they snap out of place.  That's mainly why I won't use Ace or Cameron.  They are waaaayyyyy too slidery.  That and I love them too much.

But even if you have a sim you use sliders on, when they go into another game, they may look different.

Well maybe that's why I thought it would work, since I never change anyone's sliders! This was a totally untested theory, so I was just hoping for the best!!

I know the love and attachment to your sims! No pressure, just if you felt comfortable with one, or perhaps make a sim, just for this purpose?
Back to top Go down
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 11:01 pm

AvianJen wrote:

I'd love to have you! I gave some tips of the first post, but I can elaborate on the export process if you need!! <3
Back to top Go down
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 11:05 pm

lioness_k wrote:
AvianJen wrote:

Ditto! I like this idea! ♥️ Actually have thought about it before...have you been reading my mind Maggie?

MAAAAYYYYYBE!!  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty3/5/2016, 11:07 pm

socallucyfan wrote:

This looks like fun, but I'm scared.  Everyone else's skills are so above mine, that I feel like anything I do won't be good enough.

i don't think so! you and me babe. get yourself a simmie, and i'll give you mine! you are great at in game stuff, right? let's do lunch or coffee, or a walk in the park!! We can casually dress and pose our sims doing something fun! c'mon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Let's Collab! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Collab!   Let's Collab! Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Collab!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Simmetry Design :: Creative Corner :: Sim Showcase-
Jump to: