Simmetry Design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simmetry Design

Where creativity has no limits

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The all about your sims competition

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gitte

Gitte

The all about your sims competition Empty
PostSubject: The all about your sims competition   The all about your sims competition Empty5/28/2016, 7:28 am

The all about your sims competition MoWLBQD
Hi!
There are, in the whole sims community a lot of competitions going on. Always, and the entries are often beautiful...ly edited. I have nothing against a picture which is more photoshop than sims; they're often amazing. But, maybe it's time to have a compeition which is just about the sims and their looks, and how beautiful they are.

It goes like this: there will be multiple rounds - I'll see how much interest there is each round to decide if I will do the round or not - in each round, you have to participate ANONYMOUS with a simple picture of a sim. The first round will be of a (young) adult female sim etc. Anonymous, you may not post your picture anywhere before the results of the round, because people on this forum will have to guess from who a picture is.
Whoever participates has to make a picture, send it to me, then I will post all the pictures in a post and then, people will have to guess which sim/picture is made by who.
The person with the best recognizable and therefore unique sim wins the round.

RULES
- For every round, you will have to make a NEW sim. People have to guess which sim is yours, so a sim you already used and posted a thousand times...That's not gonna work.
- CC is allowed and highly recommended. They mostly if not always influence the looks of a sim and the unique sim-making style of a simmer.
- NO NEGATIVITY also, remember it's just the sims. A beautiful game were such things as race shouldn't exist, so every kind of sim is allowed in this competition. A dark-skinned one with violet eyes and straight, blonde hair or a light blue-skinned creature with dark brown eyes and blue-red dreads, everything is allowed. As long as the few requirements of the round are fullfilled (don't make an adult if there's asked for a toddler)
- Editing is allowed, bu just until a certain degree. Simple, minor things such as cropping, sharpening and adding few shadows are allowed and yes, you may remove that ugly clipping part of a hairstyle. But things as drawing whole hairstyles, clothing, make-up, objects etc. are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN it's about the sims, not your amazing photoshop- and drawingskills. Remember that everyone can use a certain photoshop action, but nobody can make the exact same sim as you do.
- You have to make your picture of your sim before a plain, simple background without objects. It's about the sim and how he/she looks, a fancy background is for another competition.
- DO NOT SAY WHICH SIM IS YOURS BEFORE THE RESULTS FROM THE ROUND SHOW UP. It's the whole point of the competition to not know it.
- Every round will take a week. So for now, you have until next saturday to make a sim and send to picture to me, then there will be a few days to guess, while you may already send pictures for the next round.
- Nobody gets eliminated, to give everyone the chance to show their sim-making skills. It is possible you're the worst at making adult male sims, but you're a hero at making cute children. (In the sim-making in CAS way)
- Have fun!

Remember this is the first competition I organize and it's not the most...Regular one. If you have any more questions, tips or other things you want to say, ask here or send a message. As long as it is somehow friendly I will probably answer it in an also friendly way.

First round

We'll keep it simple. For the first round, you have to make a (young) adult female sim. She can be of any species or colours, but respect the rules: a simple, plain background, basic editing and particularly - don't post the picture in this topic, this competition is all anonymous!

THE DUE DATE IS 11 JUNE, if needed it can be extented

Last edited by Gitte on 6/5/2016, 3:46 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://thealfredos.weebly.com/
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: The all about your sims competition   The all about your sims competition Empty5/28/2016, 7:47 am

It's a unique comp, that's for sure. ^-^ Kinda like the idea of it. Creating a sim every week would be a bit tiring for me though. I take too long as it is on just one sim and technically half of mine are still WIP. xD

However, creating sims is a Sims competition, not a modeling one, which means it has to be moved to the Sims section where we have an actual competition section. I don't really want to do that though because I'm not sure how well people pay attention to the "new" icon and I don't want this to die too quickly.

I'll just wait and see how this goes first. v.v

(Also, don't forget to use the pre-fixes. That goes for the lurkers too, please make sure to add the prefixes to your competition threads. Multiple choice prefixes are coming soon. Unless everyone wants me to do it for them, but then I'll just hit [All] if there's no specification in the thread. Oops )
Back to top Go down
http://mizoreyukii.tumblr.com/
Gitte

Gitte

PostSubject: Re: The all about your sims competition   The all about your sims competition Empty5/28/2016, 7:55 am

I personally can make a sim in a few hours, it's just a sim, you don't have to search specific cc for it and you should only need an hour of photoshopping. (clicking on 'crop' and 'sharpen' isn't that difficult)
But, if there are too few pictures for a round, I will extend the date a bit.

What do you mean with prefixes?
edit: Oh, found it.
Back to top Go down
MizoreYukii
Admin
MizoreYukii

PostSubject: Re: The all about your sims competition   The all about your sims competition Empty5/28/2016, 8:05 am

Gitte wrote:
I personally can make a sim in a few hours, it's just a sim, you don't have to search specific cc for it and you should only need an hour of photoshopping. (clicking on 'crop' and 'sharpen' isn't that difficult)
But, if there are too few pictures for a round, I will extend the date a bit.

What do you mean with prefixes?
edit: Oh, found it.
I'm a perfectionist, and even on my simple sims from back when I had no CC it still took me hours, leading to almost a whole day. xD You suggested CC though, so if I made one with cc it would definitely take longer.

From what I gathered, participation each week is not mandatory, right? I may enter when I get the chance, might be fun little exercise to see how quickly I can make one.
Back to top Go down
http://mizoreyukii.tumblr.com/
Gitte

Gitte

PostSubject: Re: The all about your sims competition   The all about your sims competition Empty5/28/2016, 8:15 am

No, it's not required. But recommended, though. A little challenge because one of the - more difficult - rounds will also be: make a child, or make toddler, or make an elder witch. Things you see less, and will be a challenge for certain people to make.
Back to top Go down
MaggieSims
MaggieSims

PostSubject: Re: The all about your sims competition   The all about your sims competition Empty5/28/2016, 10:41 am

I love to challenge myself to make diverse sims. I may give this a go.
Back to top Go down
http://maggiesims.tumblr.com
Gitte

Gitte

PostSubject: Re: The all about your sims competition   The all about your sims competition Empty5/28/2016, 10:48 am

Yey!

Back to top Go down
LilacErin

LilacErin

PostSubject: Re: The all about your sims competition   The all about your sims competition Empty5/28/2016, 12:09 pm

I would love to have a go at this! Especially as its no major editing, which I'm trying to take a bit of a break from.
Back to top Go down
Gitte

Gitte

PostSubject: Re: The all about your sims competition   The all about your sims competition Empty5/30/2016, 12:40 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Heather1307
Heather1307

PostSubject: Re: The all about your sims competition   The all about your sims competition Empty5/30/2016, 3:14 pm

I love the idea of this gitte! May participant if I have any time every odd round.
Back to top Go down
Gitte

Gitte

PostSubject: Re: The all about your sims competition   The all about your sims competition Empty6/3/2016, 10:27 am

Back to top Go down
Gitte

Gitte

PostSubject: Re: The all about your sims competition   The all about your sims competition Empty6/5/2016, 3:46 am

I decided to make each round 2 weeks, if that means any participants.
Back to top Go down
Gitte

Gitte

PostSubject: Re: The all about your sims competition   The all about your sims competition Empty6/11/2016, 4:07 am

All right, I close the competition. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The all about your sims competition   The all about your sims competition Empty

Back to top Go down

The all about your sims competition
Page 1 of 1